With the NBA salary cap rising to unprecedented heights in recent years, the variance in possible salaries for NBA players is greater than ever. As such, a player’s representation choice is more critical than ever, as proper market analysis and salary cap manipulation can equate to differences of tens of millions of dollars over the course of a given contract and hundreds of millions of dollars over the course of a career.
Since the summer of 2015, Priority Sports has negotiated over $1.13 BILLION in free agent contracts for our NBA clients. During the summer of 2016, Priority Sports capitalized on a skyrocketing salary cap to negotiate over $400 million in guaranteed free agent contracts for our clients. In the summer of 2017, even though the salary cap rose again, there was an 80% decrease in total salarycap room available for teams to spend on free agents. Despite this decrease in available money, Priority Sports’ evaluation and anticipation of the changing market allowed us to negotiate $455 million in guaranteed free agent contracts during the summer of 2017, which ranked FIRST among all NBA agencies. Priority continued this run of success during free agency in 2018, as this past summer we once again reached the 9-figure mark in contract dollars negotiated for our free agents for the 4th consecutive summer.
Notable contracts negotiated by Priority Sports in the last four years include:
- Larry Nance Jr.: 4 years, $45 million (2018)
- Jabari Parker: 2 years, $40 million (2018)
- Gordon Hayward: 4 years, $130 Million (2017)
- Tim Hardaway Jr: 4 years, $71 Million (2017)
- James Johnson: 4 years, $60 Million (2017)
- Joe Ingles: 4 years, $52 million (2017)
- Mason Plumlee: 3 years, $41 million (2017)
- Bradley Beal: 5 years, $127 Million (2016)
- Miles Plumlee: 4 years, $52 Million (2016)
- Jon Leuer: 4 years, $41 million (2016)
- E’Twaun Moore: 4 years, $34 million (2016)
- DeMarre Carroll: 4 years, $60 Million (2015)